[b-hebrew] Tenses - Deut 6:4

Bob MacDonald bobmacdonald at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 25 13:42:53 EST 2007

OK - ignore part of this question - it really was too obvious and I have
been under the weather and slightly blinded with cold

The ta suffix is exactly what I should have seen as expected

But the perfect translated into English future which might be misread as
commandment - this is a theological translation - right?

Has anyone written on the theology of tense?  It seems to me that the
perfect is a proleptic promise.

Bob

Bob MacDonald
Victoria BC