[b-hebrew] 2 Ki 2:10

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Feb 22 18:49:24 EST 2007

Pere.

Remember I said U and I are gender neutral. They are used
interchangeably for variation, with no regard to gender. I make the
substitutions U=HU and I=HI just for elucidation, to recall the stand-
alone personal pronouns. The personal pronouns HU and HI are by
themselves compounds: HU=H+U, and HI=H+I. The word in Isa. 54:11 is
NUXAMAH=N+(H)U+XAMA+H from the root NXM, where the U (=HU) is for BAT
ZION (as mentioned in 1:8) and the last H (=HI) is for the gender.

Isaac Fried, Boston University