[b-hebrew] 2 Ki 2:10

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Feb 22 11:58:37 EST 2007

Uri and All.

I have said it before, I will say it again.
In my opinion the Hebrew vowels U, I are the personal pronouns HU,
HI, independent of gender. The vowel A is just a puff of air. The
ancient Semites did not waste vowels for nothing. Thus LUQAX is L+HU
+QAX, where HU is Elijah. This is the grammar. The rest is being
understood contextually. Saying that LUQAX is PUAL is the same as
saying that PUAL is LUQAX. Nothing is gained thereby.

Isaac Fried, Boston University