[b-hebrew] On Song 2:10

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Feb 18 20:47:58 EST 2007

Bob.
It appears to me that this LAK, as the LAKEM of genesis 22:5 ("Abide
ye here with the ass"), is an imperative mitigator turning a command
into a suggestion, as though whatever is to be done will be done by
free will. It is not quite an ANA, but it is certainly a polite,yet
authoritative, 'please'.
Isaac Fried, Boston University