[b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, and Lot's Wife

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Dec 30 02:36:09 EST 2007

Shoshanna,

While I do not agree with most of what Jim writes, in this case he may have
a point. You are right that the Torah does not report every detail, and you
are right that God COULD have told Abraham through prophecy, but since the
Torah does not say that He did, might not Jim be correct in thinking that He
did not? Maybe this was a test of Abraham's faith (Hazal tell us that he
went through ten of those). I'm not saying that Jim is correct, just that he
might be (in this case!).

Yigal Levin