[b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, etc.-Leviticus 18:7

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 20:12:14 EST 2007

Kenneth:
Don't be silly.

On Dec 29, 2007 3:43 PM, kenneth greifer <greifer at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Jim Stinehart,
>
> You seem to believe that Leviticus 18:7 says that a man should not uncover
> his father and mother's nakedness because the you form of  the verb is
> masculine singular. You think women were not specifically forbidden to their
> fathers. Maybe there is another reason. I don't know.
>
> Anyway, if that is the reason, then women would also be allowed to kill
> and break some of the ten commandments which are also in you masculine
> singular verbs.
>
> Kenneth Greifer

Ancient Hebrew, just like English, expressed the indefinite third person
singular using the masculine, but that does not limit the statement to
males. Females are included in the indefinite.

By the way, why are you still reading Jim Stinehart's posts? I stopped
reading them a long time ago.

Karl W. Randolph.