[b-hebrew] YHWH

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Dec 28 15:47:44 EST 2007

John,

All I did is express my opinion that ANI = AN+I, as ANU is AN+U. In Isaiah 48:12 HU) is placed to play the role of HWH, 'being', standing in the interval between RI)$ON, 'first', and )AXARON, 'last'. I would translate the verse as: I am the one --- I am the first, even the last.

Isaac Fried, Boston University