[b-hebrew] YHWH

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Dec 28 04:37:52 EST 2007

John,

In my opinion the stand-alone Hebrew personal pronoun ANI is the compound
AN-I, where AN is an existence marker, or a substantive, corresponding to
the English 'in, on', and I is a universal identity marker [as is U], here
for the one who refers to himself. The I in V-)APS-I of  Isaiah 47:8 has the
same purpose. The root )PS, 'complete, replete, full, packed', is a variant
of )BS of Proverbs 15:17.

Isaac Fried, Boston University