[b-hebrew] YHWH

John Wilking jcwilking at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 09:59:00 EST 2007

Sorry, my name.

  John C. Wilking

John Wilking <jcwilking at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Yitzhak,

  If ANI can mean "It is I," perhaps that is what it means in Isaiah 47:8 and 10, especially since it is translated as EGW EIMI in the LXX (I believe) which also means "It is I."  But here it is not in response to a question, "Is that you?," but in a setting of self exaltation. (That also got me thinking of John 8:58).

Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Dec 27, 2007 3:01 PM, John Wilking wrote:
> How would you say, "It is I" in Hebrew? Are there different ways?

Yigal gave you an example in Modern Hebrew.

In 1 Kings 18:8, you see an example from Biblical Hebrew: "Ani."

Yitzhak Sapir