[b-hebrew] Cantillation Mark Database

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 27 05:52:40 EST 2007

Hi Gabriel,

Here's some references pertaining to the issue of the linguistic nature
of the accents:

Churchyard, Henry. 1999. “Topics in Tiberian Biblical Hebrew Metrical
Phonology and Prosodics.” PhD diss., University of Texas.

Dresher, Bezalel Elan. 1981. “Accentuation and Metrical Structure in
Tiberian Hebrew.” Pages 180-208 in Theoretical Issues in the Grammar of
Semitic Linguistics. Edited by Hagit Borer and Youssef Aoun. MIT Working
Papers in Linguistics 3. Cambridge, MA: Massachusetts Institute of
Technology.

Dresher, Bezalel Elan. 1994. “The Prosodic Basis of the Tiberian Hebrew
System of Accents.” Language 70: 1-52.

Dresher, Bezalel Elan. In press. “The Word in Tiberian Hebrew.” In The
Nature of the Word: Essays in Honor of Paul Kiparsky. Edited by Kristin
Hanson and Sharob Inkelas. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
[http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~dresher/tibhebword.pdf]

Hope something's useful.

Regards,
David Kummerow.