[b-hebrew] Wellhausen

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 21:04:32 EST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 1:58 AM, Brian Roberts wrote:
> Yitzhak,
>
> I don't want to speak for anyone else, but the DH does, in fact, discourage
> a face-value reading of the biblical texts. Perhaps that it was he mean by
> divorcing it from its literary context.

But a "face-value" reading is not necessarily the "literary context."  Also, in
my discussion of two levels, I did not end up in a position where one gets to
reading the text as it stands in a composite, but rather, better understanding
its position in the composite because one understands the developments that
it underwent.

Yitzhak Sapir