[b-hebrew] Cantillation Mark Database

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 20:23:12 EST 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 8:29 PM, Scott Reiss wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I conceived and designed the application, and have
> acted as project manager, writing the documentation
> at:
>
> http://www.sagreiss.org/Cantillzer.zip
>
> I have help from a good musician/programmer.
>
> What we need now is a chief technological officer to
> make strategic decisions (XML or SQL) and implement
> the system.

I don't think you are going to get very far this way, but
that is my own personal opinion.  I suggest you try
making those decisions yourself, start writing the
code (not the docs, and if you need to, learn a little
programming), and then try to approach other
programmers after you have an initial working
version.

> We have a pretty good method of extracting
> cantillation data from the linguistic data (letters
> and vowels) of the Bible.

The cantillation is also linguistic, and the
vocalic, consonantal, and cantillation data are
all intertwined for any particular Masoretic text.

Yitzhak Sapir