[b-hebrew] Amarna letters

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 09:33:07 EST 2007

Jim Stinehart,

I am not trying to argue with you about the Amarna letters and the patriarchal narratives, but I want to say one main thing, you only look for similarities, and you totally ignore differences. If you only give weight to evidence that fits your beliefs, and you give no weight to anything against your beliefs, then you are guaranteeing that your belief will win.

If a leader from Shechem gets killed in the Amarna letters and a leader from Shechem also got killed in the patriarchal narratives, then you see the similarity as a proof. You don't seem interested in the details of either story or any of the differences because you don't consider differences as evidence. If you don't consider differences as evidence, then, of course, you can't be proven wrong.

Kenneth Greifer