[b-hebrew] YHWH

TedBro at aol.com TedBro at aol.com
Tue Dec 25 22:32:58 EST 2007

Yitzhak:

I agree that there is no reason to think that YHWH is idiomatic for  superior
or that it is semantically connected to ANI. Also seeing YHWH as a  Hiphil of
HYH is speculative as it is, to my knowledge, unattested elsewhere.  However,
don't you think the expression 'EHYEH ASHER 'EHYEH (Exodus 3:14) shows  some
kind of verbal etymology, even though the proper name itself would clearly  be
a noun.

Cheers,
ted

In a message dated 12/25/2007 8:57:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,