[b-hebrew] YHWH

TedBro at aol.com TedBro at aol.com
Tue Dec 25 12:31:45 EST 2007

John:

Despite the fact that some translations render ANI as "I am" in Isaiah  47:8,
the syntax is very different than YHWH...

1) ANI is a pronoun, while YHWH is presumably some verbal form, of HYH.
2) The role of ANI in these verses is to emphasize the first person which  is
also present in the suffix of 'PSi while in YHWH the emphasis is on the
verbal aspect (either being or becoming). In Ex 3:14 the first person is alluded
to as the meaning of the divine name but the form YHWH is third person.

Cheers,
ted brownstein

In a message dated 12/22/2007 1:07:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,