[b-hebrew] Wellhausen JEPD Theory re Patriarchal Narratives

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:58:00 EST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007 9:39 PM, Jim Stinehart wrote:

> Yitzhak Sapir:
>
> I think I have finally figured out your view of the Patriarchal narratives.

While I can understand a claim to the effect that the Biblical
narratives were written
long ago, and hence, our reconstructions of their authors or sources
are speculative,
it is beyond me how you got your conclusions of my own view, given
that I specifically
wrote to you what my view is and why I think so, and what
methodological problems
I see in your approach, and even why I don't see any point in providing a case
example from the Pentateuch, and all this is completely different from
what you "figured
out" here.  I wonder if this may serve as a test as to the accuracy of
your deductions
regarding the Biblical narratives.

Yitzhak Sapir