[b-hebrew] Wellhausen JEPD Theory re Patriarchal Narratives

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 17:49:48 EST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 8:13 PM, Jim Stinehart wrote:

> Yitzhak  Sapir:
> I asked you a very simple question, and we  are all awaiting an answer.  For
> your convenience, I will repeat my question  verbatim:
> Please point out at least one  story in the Patriarchal narratives which,  in
> your view, reflects the 1st millennium BCE, and does  not reflect the
> mid-2nd millennium  BCE.

I answered you.  The burden of proof is not upon me, it is upon you.  It is you
who is going against what is commonly accepted in the academic world.  It is
therefore you who must construct a persuasive case, based on a critical analysis
of the data.  It is clear to me that if I provide examples, you will
try to prove my
examples wrong.  But your arguments will likely suffer from what all your
arguments have suffered until now - a lack of understanding and
misinterpretation
of linguistics and history.  Since the burden of proof is not upon me
anyway, it is
something I opt not to do.

But here, I don't need to point out just one.  I'll point out several.  ALL the
Patriarchal Narratives are not reflective of the 2nd millennium BCE, and
specifically, no part of them -- not even a single verse -- reflects the period
described by the Amarna correspondence.

Yitzhak Sapir