[b-hebrew] Tithing

Ben Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 18:11:04 EST 2007

On Fri 21 Dec 2007 (11:02:50), jimstinehart at aol.com wrote:
> I do not disagree with anything that you say.  But note the following,
> which is relevant to the point that I had been trying to make.

 Jim:

 Thank you for your observations. Abraham paid tithes to Melchisedek;
 but the Mosaic law on tithing is post-patriarchal, after the division
 of the Land among the 12 Tribes.

 All men are sinners, Levites included. Not all Levites were priests;
 but all the priests were descended from Aaron. Aaron's two eldest sons
 abused their priesthood, and paid the ultimate penalty. Eli and his
 two sons likewise.

 Ben
--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF                                        ZFC W
 <ben.crick at NOSPAM.argonet.co.uk>