[b-hebrew] The Name "Judah" and the so-called "discredited, JEDP theory of Graf-Wellhausen

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Thu Dec 20 20:46:01 EST 2007

Dear Jim,

Although the puns will truly be illuminating, see the following phrases:

1)    Isaac and Ishmael, "And Abraham said to God, 'O that Ishmael might live in
thy sight!' God said, 'No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you
shall call his name Isaac (Yitzhak). I will establish my covenant with him as an
everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. As for Ishmael, I have heard
you; behold, I will bless him and make him fruitful and multiply him
exceedingly; he shall be the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a
great nation. BUT (my emphasis) I will establish my covenant with Isaac, whom
Sarah shall bear to you at this season next year.' " ( Genesis 17:18-21)
This is the problem that now exists between the Israelites and the Arabs.

2)    Jacob and Esau, "The elder shall serve the younger"? (Genesis 25:23)

3)    Judah and Joseph, The blessing was divided between Judah and Joseph as is
seen in Genesis 48:1-22; 49:8-12.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III