[b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7 -wilder guess

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:58:48 EST 2007

Maybe Ecclesiastes 7:7 could say "because the gain of extortion will make foolish a wise man, and he will perish (will be destroyed), with (alef tav) a heart of a dying man (mem tav) is a lament (nun hay)."

I know that the word spelled (mem tav) is usually "corpse", but could it be the present tense of the verb "to die" and mean "a dying person"? Also, could a feeling be "with" someone's heart?

I won't send more guesses about this quote. I just could not see how the quote could make sense as it is.

Kenneth Greifer