[b-hebrew] Ecclesiastes 7:7

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:13:01 EST 2007

Dear Ron:
How are you translating the verse?

"For the defrauder makes a fool of the wise and makes the heart lost from
narrating (so that it does not narrate)"

($Q to defraud, used in participle, defrauder (in context, the defrauder is
probably death)

YHWLL pilel of HWL to make a fool of.

XKM wise

)BD to become lost, often used as a euphemism for to die, perish.

LB heart.

MTNH prefixed M, TNH to narrate.

Karl W. Randolph.