[b-hebrew] Replaying

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Dec 13 08:36:56 EST 2007

Pere,

It has been my experience of many years that planting a new idea is
easy but supplanting an existing idea is nigh impossible. Planted
ideas are the MASMROT NTU(IM of Ecclesiastes 12:11. Explaining is
also best done interactively.
You appear to agree with David that "gender-marking is not person-
marking!", so pray, explain to me first what is in your opinion a
Hebrew "gender-marking", what is a Hebrew "person-marking", and why
"gender-marking IS NOT [or can not be] person-marking".
I really want to hear this from you, not David.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Dec 13, 2007, at 6:54 AM, <pporta at oham.net> wrote:

>>> person-marking. I repeat: gender-marking is not person-marking!
>
> David,
>
> As regards noun-adjective, yes, I agree.
>
> By the way, I think the problem with Isaac Fried is this: either he
> does not
> want to strive to explain things in such a manner that most of us can
> understand what he says....  or really his theories, statements,
> assertions
> and so on are without any solid base.
>
> If it is the first thing .... there is no point in keeping
> discussing with
> him. And if it is the second thing... ... the same!
>
> If he sincerely thinks he is right, he should do every effort to
> explain his
> ideas... specially when some of listers have read his writing/s  --
> whose URL
> Isaac himself gave us here some days ago--  and his ideas or
> message did not
> become clearer to readers after reading it/them.
>
> This is, imho, the central issue, the core thing with him.
>
> Pere Porta
> Barcelona

[cut]