[b-hebrew] Question

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:29:00 EST 2007

Hi Isaac,

Quite simply: *Why* do I "have it all wrong"? You have failed to provide
anything but the expected rhetoric! Why is it that I should accept you
when you say that I can "safely shed [the language of gender-marking]
from [my] vocabulary" when you provide no substantive argument or
evidence as to why? Why are my postings simply "improvised logic" when I
am simply restating standard linguistic positions and standard analysis
of BH? How is this "improvised" when it is the standard and traditional
positions? Where is the evidence supported your position? What is the
linguistic theory explaining this evidence in this alternate way against
everyone else?

I have looked at your book and there is no such evidence -- just the
same subjective analysis you present on this list eschewing any
attention to basic linguistic theory and methodology. There is no
interaction with secondary literature -- something expected in standard
academic works in our field. There is simply no attempt to position your
theory in relation to the consensus position, and no attempt at arguing
why you explanations are in fact better. The results of your research
are just plain wrong because you have avoided the fundamentals. Like I
said, before: you would require of someone attempting algebra to be
familiar and able in the basics of addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division else fundamental mistakes would likely be
made. I have raised a number of fundamental issues with your theory
which still await proper treatment by you. My opinion that you are
unable to do so awaits debunking.

Regards,
David Kummerow.