[b-hebrew] Explain it please

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:33:47 EST 2007

Kenneth:

1. Personally, I don't think I said I would not respond to Isaac ever
again. Rather, I would not respond in the particular thread where I
stated that I would not respond there again unless he sought to grapple
with the serious linguistic problems with his ideas.

2. As such, since this is a new thread, I feel that I have the option to
respond again to his assertions.

3. I have actually said nothing new anyway, just drew attention the
continued avoidance of some fundamental linguistic problems with his ideas.

4. I offered some literature which relates to the issues of the new
thread, which may be helpful to him or others as they seek to relate to
the issues of the thread.

5. You don't have to attempt to guess my "worry" as I'll state it
explicitly for you: I am not "worried that people might believe his
ideas that are not accepted by mainstream linguists." Rather, I am more
worried that people are tiring of his fanciful postings and tiring of a
list which actually tolerates such postings which surreptitiously mock
others' postings, do not deal substantively with issues raised by
others, or neglect to provide evidence for his assertions contrary list
rules. As such, I am worried that others in addition to Dr Lehmann are
tempted to just move on. I know I am. Why should people have to
"moderate" postings by creating filters in their email programs, as was
suggested by the moderators?

Sincerely,
David Kummerow.