[b-hebrew] Explain it please

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:13:14 EST 2007

David Kummerow,

You keep saying that you won't comment on Isaac Fried's ideas, and then you keep commenting on them. I think you are worried that people might believe his ideas that are not accepted by mainstream linguists. I think anyone who is educated enough to read and understand his etymological dictionary of Hebrew would be educated enough to know that his ideas are not mainstream. Less educated people don't sit around reading etymological dictionaries, and are not going to accept non-mainstream linguistic ideas or even mainstream linguistic ideas.

When I first read his ideas I did not understand them, and mostly I still don't. His ideas are for people who are better educated
in Hebrew, and they should be able to evaluate them, so you don't have to worry. If they like them, then they probably understand that they are not mainstream, and they don't mind.

Kenneth Greifer