[b-hebrew] Proverbs 16:27

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:00:46 EST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 9:34 PM, kenneth greifer wrote:

> Yitzhak,
>
> How common in HALOT are word division changes like this one in
> Proverbs 16? Are there any books that have them listed quote by quote in English?

I don't know how common they are.  HALOT is a dictionary (Hebrew and Aramaic
Lexicon of the Old Testament).  Also, I don't know if HALOT divides it as you do
KRH R(H to KR HR(H, although I think this is reasonable and works pretty well.
I don't think there are books that do so -- but hey, you could start to collect
reasonable examples and write one :) -- however, I would expect scholarly
commentaries to note such significant changes.  I don't know if my expectations
have any basis in reality though :)  For a review of commentaries, look at:
http://biblical-studies.ca/ot_commentaries/otcom.html

Yitzhak Sapir