[b-hebrew] Study on energic nun ter

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Dec 2 19:18:32 EST 2007

Pere,

Do you really believe that the ancient Hebrews had something that we
are compelled to fancifully call today "energic nun"? You are saying
that this nun is inserted. But is it not the reverse, namely, that
this nun was there in the first place and then over time dropped out
of the form? Should we then mark and call the vacated spot "the
dropped energic nun fault line", or something else to this effect?

Isaac Fried, Boston University