[b-hebrew] Study on energic nun ter

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:49:35 EST 2007

Hi Pere,

On energic nun, see:

Blau, Joshua. 1978. “כינויי נסתר ונסתרת בנ׳ ובלעדיה בעברית המקרא
[Pronominal ird Person Singular Suffixes with and without נ in Biblical
Hebrew].” Eretz-Israel 14: 125-131.

DeCaen, Vincent. 2003. “Moveable nun and Intrusive nun: The Nature and
Distribution of Verbal Nunation in Joel and Job.” Journal of Northwest
Semitic Languages 29/1: 121-132.

Hasselbach, Rebecca. 2006. “The Ventive/Energic in Semitic: A
Morphological Study.” Zeitschrift der Deutshen Morgenländischen
Gesellschaft 156: 309-328.

Hetzron, Robert. 1969. “Third Person Singular Pronoun Suffixes in
Proto-Semitic.” Orientalia Suecana 8: 101-127.

Lambert, Mayer. 1903. “De l’emploi des suffixes pronominaux avec noun et
sans noun.” Revue des etudes juives 46: 178-183.

Muraoka, Takamitsu. 1975. “The Nun Energicum and the Prefix Conjugation
in Biblical Hebrew.” Annual of the Japanese Biblical Institute 1: 63-71.

Williams, Ronald J. 1972. “Energic Verbal Forms in Hebrew.” Pages 75-85
in Studies on the Ancient Palestinian World: Presented to Professor F.
V. Winnett on the Occasion on His Retirement 1 July 1971. Edited by J.
W. Wevers and D. B. Redford. Toronto: University of Toronto.

Zewi, Tamar. 1999. A Syntactical Study of Verbal Forms Affixed by -n(n)
Endings in Classical Arabic, Biblical Hebrew, El-Amarna Akkadian and
Ugaritic. Alter Orient und Altes Testament 260. Münster: Ugarit-Verlag.

Regards,
David Kummerow.