[b-hebrew] uncovering Boaz' 'footsies' was Samson at Gaza - Judges 16:1

George Athas george.athas at moore.edu.au
Tue Aug 28 17:47:16 EDT 2007

Hi Karl!

When someone is pointed out as eating and drinking, it usually indicates to
excess (cf. the accusation made against Jesus).

Also, the point about the Qere/Kethib was not whether it was original, but
rather the Qere uses the euphemism of 'feet' to soften the harshness of the
Kethib. I mentioned it simply to point out the euphemism.

I think we've just about exhausted this topic. We're obviously not going to
agree, and I don't think there's anything more we can add. Nevertheless,
I'll let you all have the last word.

Best Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
Moore Theological College (Sydney)