[b-hebrew] uncovering Boaz' 'footsies' was Samson at Gaza -Judges 16:1

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Tue Aug 28 01:06:48 EDT 2007

Dear George, et al,

Are we not forgetting verses 12-13,

"And now it is true that I am thy near kinsman: howbeit there is a kinsman
nearer than I. Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will
perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part:
but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then I will do the part of
a kinsman to thee, as the LORD liveth: lie down until the morning."

It should be noted that 4:1-12 gives evidence that that is exactly what Boaz
did. Naomi now had a son (grandson), Obed, to carry on Elimelech's family name
that it not be stricken out of the families of Judah and Israel. The story is
clear, simple and matter-of-fact. Unless there is any indication from the
grammar, context, genre, et cetera, there is no need to go further.

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III