[b-hebrew] Hebrew Object Tree - Request For Help

JAMES CHRISTIAN READ JCR128 at student.anglia.ac.uk
Sun Aug 26 05:36:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

as a vocabulary aid for students of Hebrew I want to make a pictoral tree of common objects in their natural
groups. You know? Remember those books we used to have
as children where one page would have a title of 'wild
animals' and have pictures of tigers, lions and giraffes
and the next page would have a title of 'pets' and have
pictures of dogs and cats.

Does anyone know of any publically available online
attempts at something similar that I could start
building on?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for attested
Hebrew group names together with a few concrete
examples. For example, one natural group that springs
to mind is:

Sons of Isreal: Reuben, Simeon, Judah etc.

Another could be:

False gods: Baal, Ashtoreth etc.

Another could be:

Nations/Gentiles: Egypt, Syria, Edom, Moab etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew       -  thesis1: concept driven machine translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc  -  thesis2: language acquisition simulation
http://www.lamie.org/ngelta