[b-hebrew] Using an unpointed text

JAMES CHRISTIAN READ JCR128 at student.anglia.ac.uk
Sat Aug 25 14:35:56 EDT 2007

Hi again,

YS: He may not need to associate different sounds
but he will need to have some kind of understanding of the missing vowels.

JCR: Just how does our knowledge of vowels help us
distinguish the meanings of 'book' in the following
examples?

I love this book. I've read it 20 times.
I'd like to book a room please.

Also I made a mistake in the last post. I should have
asked 'how many of these variants would fit the context'
and not 'how many these homonyms'. Sorry for any
confusion I may have caused.

http://www.lamie.org/hebrew       -  thesis1: concept driven machine translation using the Aleppo codex
http://www.lamie.org/lad-sim.doc  -  thesis2: language acquisition simulation
http://www.lamie.org/ngelta