[b-hebrew] (no subject)

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Thu Aug 9 16:57:25 EDT 2007

On 09/08/2007 21:23, K. Wieske wrote:
> Hello all.  I have been lurking for a while.  I don't always have
> time to follow every discussion, but nevertheless I have enjoyed most
> of what I've managed to read.
>
> One thing I would request help on is the font issue.  I assume that
> the bunch of question marks I'm getting in some posts (please see
> below) are probably being generated when the poster uses some Hebrew
> font I don't have on my computer.
>
> I am running Mac OS X; would some one kindly inform me where to
> obtain the requisite fonts so that I can better follow the discussions?

Your problem may well not be with fonts at all, but because you are
subscribed to the digest for this list. I would expect that the digest
is compiled in ISO-8859-1 encoding which does not support Hebrew, and so
you get the question marks. If so, this is a bug in the list software. I
would suggest that you change your subscription to individual posts.
These should then arrive UTF-8 encoded, an encoding which supports
Hebrew, as specified by the author (at least in this case), and you
should be able to read them.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/