[b-hebrew] FW: Sign Your Messages Please

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Aug 5 02:45:43 EDT 2007

Dear All,

Bruce is quite correct - this is a semi-scholarly forum which seeks to
maintain a balance between a professional discussion group and one that is
open to, and welcomes, the general interested public. While a formal
education in Biblical Hebrew is not a condition for joining the group, it is
assumed that those who post know what they are talking about. Posters are
expected to be accountable for what they write, and as such, full names and,
if relevant, titles and affiliations are important. Also, as already noted,
carrying on a "conversation" with someone who insists on remaining anonymous
can be disturbing. First-time posters are in fact encouraged to introduce
themselves and explain their interest in Biblical Hebrew, although this is
of course up to the individual poster. These are all good reasons to insist
on full names.

However, if any list member feels that he or she has a valid reason for
anonymity, and security is certainly a good reason, he or she is encouraged
to write to the moderators, and I'm sure that something can be worked out.

Yigal Levin

co-moderator