[b-hebrew] Eccles 2:3

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Apr 29 01:14:18 EDT 2007

Could this lim$ok mean "to annoint", from NSK (nun-samekh-kaph), with a sin
replasing the samekh, perhaps influenced by M$X (mem-shin-xet), since both
words could have that meaning? We could then read something like "I wandered
by my heart to annoint my flesh with wine", as one of the foolish things
that he did before discovering what was wise.

Yigal Levin