[b-hebrew] NWT and Daniel 11:5

Awohili at aol.com Awohili at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 07:06:52 EDT 2007

What point are you looking for in your research?  I find that two  modern
Tanakhs translate the verse differently:

Stone Edition (Artscroll): "The king of the South will grow stronger [than
his enemy] and his nobles, and he will overpower him and rule; his dominion
will  be a great dominion." (brackets original)

JPS: "The king of the south will grow powerful; however, one of his  officers
will overpower him and rule, having an extensive dominion."

It appears at first glance that it depends on the underlying Hebrew text
that is being used: whether emended or unemended.

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 4/28/2007 4:54:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,