[b-hebrew] lev. 19:16

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 26 07:59:38 EDT 2007

The Hebrew says something like ' do not stand by/upon the blood of your neighbor.'  Looking at the surrounding context it must mean something to the effect of harming your neighbor verbally or bearing false witness in court.  Or maybe it is saying that you should not just stand there when your neighbor is in trouble and you have the ability to do something about it.

The LXX seems to carry the idea of 'conspiring upon the blood of your neighbor.'

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: gary blansky <gblansky at yahoo.com>