[b-hebrew] Psalm 8: 6[5] Teaterehu -- correction

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 13:12:35 EDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Uri Hurwitz wrote:

>       Yitshak apparently did not understand his mistake  of incorrectly
>    vocalizing the verb in question; nor did he understand that roots
>     whose P Hapoal  ( first letter of the root ) is a guttural are conjugated
>     as regular verbs in the Piel, and that the specific verb under discussion
>     occurs in this Binyan.

Dear Uri,

I'm right here.  You do not have to refer to me in the third person.
What I'm talking about has nothing to do with the Piel vocalization of
the verb.  It has to do with the realization of the Massoretic text.

>      To clarify a clear point even further:  it so happens that the  first
>     verb in the very verse under discussion,  Psalm 8:6[5],
>     "WaT'H(.)aSReHu" in Piel , also has a guttoral as a first letter
>    of the root - a "H(.)et" - and is vocalized identically as the verb
>     under discussion.

Indeed, this word should be realized: vat-taxas-saRE:-hu:

It is unfortunate that you do not take the time to look up for
yourself any of the many references I have provided on the subject
such as my own reading list at the end of the link I just provided
to Peter or the books suggested by Shai at the very last comment
of the link I provided to you.

Yitzhak Sapir