[b-hebrew] Nefesh - Breath or Breather

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Tue Apr 24 06:53:59 EDT 2007

On 24/04/2007 10:39, Brak wrote:
> Yigal Levin wrote:
>

>> Dear "Brak" (or is it John? - please sign you posts in such a way that we
>> know who we are answering),
>>

> If you look at the end of my email I do have it signed with my name,
> John Steven, which is followed by a Fulton J. Sheen quote. Nowhere did
> my email have the word Brak in it. So I'm not sure what you are
> complaining about. I have no idea why you are seeing Brak, except for my
> actual email address which is brak at neo.rr.com - so maybe its something
> with your email client.

Your messages are indeed correctly signed with your name. But this
signature, preceded by a line with just "-- " on it, disappears
(deliberately) when people reply to your messages. But "Brak" appears as
your sender's name, in the line in your message source (the first part,
before "<"):
> From: Brak <Brak at neo.rr.com>

This is the name which is listed in mail folders, archives etc for the
message sender. It is also the name picked up by mail clients (like
mine, Thunderbird, see the first line above which I have not edited,
also Mozilla which I see you are using) when you hit "Reply". So it
would be helpful if you could set the sender's name in your mail account
settings to your real name rather than "Brak", if you have no reason to
hide your identity.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/