[b-hebrew] Psalm 149:7 - Leningrad Codex Varient: Bal-Umim

Brak Brak at neo.rr.com
Sat Apr 21 22:55:37 EDT 2007

Please excuse my ignorance here, but I'm kind of confused.

Let me restate what I think I'm hearing:

)UM.IYM means "peoples"
L: means "to" or "for"

L:)UM.IYM means "peoples"

But L:)UM.IYM  does not mean L: plus )UM.IYM

That just doesn't make sence. Both )UM.IYM  and L:)UM.IYM  look
identical except the one has L: added and they both mean the same thing
"peoples" but yet they are not related????

I hope my confusion on this makes sence. Logic would dictate (at least
in my mind) they are are realted - look alike means the same.

Can I please recieve an explaination as to why - how despite looking
identical and meaning identical things that they are not related?

B"H
John Steven

"If you don't behave as you believe, you will end by believing as you
behave."
-Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.