[b-hebrew] labo' lepaney and Gen 6:13

B. M. Rocine brocine at twcny.rr.com
Fri Apr 20 17:40:03 EDT 2007

Hi Karl,

How about if we exercise just a bit of imagination in reading the poetry
and see the human supplicants that come as "required attachments" to the
groan and the petition?

I believe the technical name for the figures in verses you quote is
metonymy.  The two vv. in Psa are very much about gaining an audience
with YHWH.

Shalom,
Bryan