[b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Fri Apr 20 06:31:44 EDT 2007

Folks,

I allowed both comments cited below, not because I agree that either one of
them is appropriate for this list, but because both are equally
unappropraite. From a critical-historical point of view, both the New
Testament and the Oral Torah (i.e. rabbinic interpretation) are later
commentary on the Tanakh/Hebrew Bible/Old Testament. One's acceptence of one
or the other as THE Authoritative and Correct interpretation of the True
Meaning of the Tanakh/Hebrew Bible/Old Testament is a matter of faith, and
this list is NOT about trying to convince others of the correctness of our
own faiths. For one list member to say, "the rabbi understood this biblical
passage as meaning so and so", and for another to say, "but Paul (or John or
Jude etc.) understood it in another way" is perfectly legitimate. For either
one to claim that their's is the ONLY true way, and that the others are
false, is not.

Please stay within the bounds of our discussion.

Yigal Levin

co-moderator