[b-hebrew] Question on Tetragrammaton

Yohanan bin-Dawidh yohanan.bin.dawidh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 23:49:00 EDT 2007

Dear David,

While it is true that Nehemia Gordon is a Qara'i, and a Hakham for that
matter, this document was not written for Qara'im per se, but as an article
to Hebrew University in Jerusalem from which he has a Master's Degree in
Biblical Studies. I think this started as a discussion between him, and
Emanuel Tov of who he is friends with, but that is something you would have
to write him directly about, for I do not want to give out any sort of false
information about him. I do know that he worked with Emanuel Tov on the Dead
Sea Scroll publication project, as can be seen here:

*The Dead Sea Scrolls Reader, Part 1. Texts Concerned with Religious Law* ISBN
90-04-12650-3<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Booksources&isbn=9004126503>
*The Dead Sea Scrolls Reader, Part 2. Exegetical Texts* ISBN
90-04-12648-1<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Booksources&isbn=9004126481>
*The Dead Sea Scrolls Reader, Part 6. Additional Genres and Unclassified
Texts* ISBN 90-04-12646-5<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Booksources&isbn=9004126465>

He has also worked under Shemaryahu Talmon at Hebrew University of Jerusalem
on their Bible translation project

As stated, this work I believe was a work initially shared between him, and
Emanuel Tov. Again, you would have to ask Emanuel Tov directly, but I am
under the impression that he, like Mr. Gordon, thinks that Yehovah is the
correct

Yohanan bin-Dawidh