[b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 18 23:12:01 EDT 2007

> From: Shoshanna Walker
>
> You don't have to think, it is known.
>
> The four horns represent the four kingdoms - Babylonia, Persia/Medea,
> Greece, Rome, - that would persecute Israel, until the final
> Maschiach; the four carpenters  are the successive conquerers who
> would conquer these  kingdoms.  The fourth and final conquerer will
> be Mashiach.
>
> Shoshanna

[Steve Miller]
Thanks Shoshanna. This is the standard Christian explanation also. I did not
know that it came from Jewish sources.

One problem I have with that explanation is that, as far as I know,
Persia/Media never scattered Israel, Judah, or Jerusalem. Rather they helped
Judah to return from Babylon.
-Steve Miller
Detroit