[b-hebrew] verb forms - Isaiah 56:6-7 was dying you shall die

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:40:27 EDT 2007

Hi Peter,

Regarding Arabic, Lumsden and Halefon (2003) provide single pronominal
paradigm uniting independent personal pronouns, suffix verb inflections,
prefix verb inflections, verbal pronominal suffixes, and nominal pronoun
suffixes. Their work references similar analyses for Chaha and Amharic.

Regarding BH, Prince (1975) provides a paradigm uniting all of the above
less the prefix verb. Malone (1993) argues the same, but I can't
remember if he includes the prefix verb or not.

Lumsden, John S. and Girma Halefom. 2003. “Verb Conjugations and the
Strong Pronoun Declension in Standard Arabic.” Pages 305-337 in Research
in Afroasiatic Grammar II: Selected Papers from the Fifth Conference on
Afroasiatic Languages, Paris, 2000. Edited by Jacqueline Lecarme.
Amsterdam Studies in the Theory and History of Linguistic Science 241.
Amsterdam/Philedelphia: John Benjamins.

Malone, Joseph L. 1993. Tiberian Hebrew Phonology. Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns.

Prince, Alan S. 1975. “The Phonology and Morphology of Tiberian Hebrew.”
PhD diss., Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Regards,
David Kummerow