[b-hebrew] New or Renwed - END OF THREAD

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Mon Apr 16 06:48:49 EDT 2007

On 15/04/2007 06:17, Yigal Levin wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> This thread, and its various sub-threads, has become much more theological
> than linguistic. Sometimes our understanding of the language of the Tanakh
> effects or is effected by our religious beliefs, but I think that our
> positions are now clear, and any continuation of this discussion is outside
> the limits of this list. This thread is hereby CLOSED.
>
> Yigal Levin
> co-moderator

Yigal, perhaps I should congratulate you on your appointment as
co-moderator. But I am surprised that there has been no announcement of
this from the existing moderators to confirm that you indeed have
authority to close threads and perform other moderation actions.

And it does seem a bit strange that at one moment you are presenting
your own viewpoint on this issue and then only two days later are using
your previously unknown moderator's authority to close down further
discussion.

Nevertheless, I agree that moderation action is needed in the current
situation.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Blog:    http://www.qaya.org/blog/
Website: http://www.qaya.org/