[b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Sun Apr 15 12:57:35 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk at concentric.net>
To: <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

> Ok, thank you - but does this mean that if someone is referring to
> the horns of several animals, 10, let's say = 20 horns, they would
> use the word kranot, or would it still be karnayim?  Sorry, I just
> want to understand.
>
> Shoshanna

That's right, just like the four legs of a chair or a table are still
raglayim, while the three holidays are "regalim". Ezekiel describes the
"Xayot" as having "six karnayim" each. So, like Isaac wrote, things that
naturally come in pairs are given the dual form even if there are more of
them.

Yigal Levin