[b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Sun Apr 15 11:41:05 EDT 2007

I know that keren is either a horn or a ray (of light), and that
karnaim is dual, like yadayim, raglayim, s'fatayim, garbayim, so
that's why I thought karnayim refers to horns, since there are two of
them on an animal, and kranot to rays of light.

Shoshanna

No, Shoshanna,

"Keren" can mean either a horn or a "ray". Karnaim is dual, Kranot is
plural. The four horns of an altar are called "kranot hamizbeax".

Yigal Levin