[b-hebrew] verb forms--perfect as future

michaelabernat9001 at sbcglobal.net michaelabernat9001 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 13 16:45:58 EDT 2007

Peter,

I'm not sure that it was possible for Naomi to have sold the property in the
manner which you are describing for two reasons. First, as I understand the
inheritance rights given in Numbers 27:8-11, Naomi did not have any personal
claim to the property.

It looks to me like Ruth 4:5 states that he had to marry Ruth to acquire the
property.

Second, Ruth 4:9 tells us that Boaz purchased the property directly from
Naomi.
Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy