[b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

davidfentonism at aim.com davidfentonism at aim.com
Fri Apr 13 11:18:10 EDT 2007

 I agree there, Harold. My point has been, in discussing the passage of literature in question, is that it is NOT an establishment of a dichotomy of old and new but predicting a future time when the covenant will be new in form and not essence. Interpreted in light of the backstory, the administration of the Mosaic Covenant would become new in that it would allow a sense of freedom because the Lamb of G-d will have paid the penalty for transgression of the Covenant; The difference is in quality and quantity because the Lamb would only have to be sacrificed once and for all; The Mashiach is a superior High Priest (being in the heavenly throne room) to the Levites (being in the earthly throne room); The individual will have direct access to the heavenly throne room; Torah will be written upon their hearts so there will no longer be a need to teach one another, etc. The "new covenant" has not yet taken place. These are elements of the idea in the literature also recapitualed in the NT.

 Shabbat Shalom,
 David Fenton
 Gal. 27-29: For as many as have had a tevilah into Moshiach have clothed yourselves with Moshiach. There is not Yehudi nor Yevani (Greek), there is not eved (servant) nor ben chorin (freedman), there is not zachar (male) nor nekevah (female), for you are all echad in Moshiach Yehoshua/Yeshua. And, if you belong to Moshiach (YESHAYAH 53:10), then you are of the ZERAH of Avraham Avinu, you are yoreshim (heirs) according to the havtachah (promise).